One of the things friends and I used to do was write a list of costuming projects we wanted to achieve for the year. At the end of that year, we'd check off what we'd completed and whoever completed the most off their list got bragging rights over the rest of us. And believe me, brag they did...
So, in the interests of sharing and for anyone who wants to ride the challenge with me, here is the list of projects I'd like to complete this year, even if I'm a bit late in posting it considering I've already marked one off (yay me!). Unsurprisingly, they are in order of our events for the year up here in QLD.
- Ringmaster costume (done!)
- 1930's tea/day dress
- 1940’s something, probably a suit, trying for an Agent Carter look
- Riding habit - the year is yet to be determined, probably Victorian or Edwardian as I already have corsets that fit.
- A natural form from-the-skin-out project that looks like this. The components for the project will be:
- Spoon busk corset
- Princess petticoat/bustle
- Skirts (under and apron)
- Dickey and cuffs
Honestly, I'm unlikely to finish all of these by the end of the year, but if I can at least get a start on the natural form project and finish the rest, I'll be a happy Charlie.
Does anyone else have a project list for the year?