• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 yoyoydyne

yoyoydyne

Bringer of Chatter

• Forum User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Costuming, Illustration, Sculpture, Steampunk, Cyberpunk, Movies, Japanese gardens, Japanese anime, Movies and movies.
  • I'm currently working on:Giant walking Steampunk pants
  • State:SA

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:39 AM

We've been talking about it for some time now, and with the arrival of the awesome second trailer for Suckerpunch, lets get some stuff set in soft concrete. First item, can we get a list of the lovely ladies of the ACG to lay claim to which of the girls they want to do please. I have lost track of who wants to do what.
Second item, The Pink Bunny Mecha , who has not seen that and just did a little girlish squeal. I offered the suggestion that we create a series of work shops to build it as a team. However does anyone want to tackle this by themselves?? If not we will set the first build day in december. We can possibly even break it down into smaller sections..... Arms/guns, Body, and legs. We will need a meeting to discuss materials and approach to execution, so get your thinking caps on and troll the internet for reference pictures and whip up some plans.
December meetup will be the perfect time to get the ball rolling.

Third Item, mens costumes, We actually have quite a few to choose from, I am favouring the German soldiers as it would be a quick costume build, the gas masks look great, and the zombie general is cool. Pontip has expressed interest in the Chinese/ Japanese warriors, and if anyone wants to do them I have 3 Terracotta warrior costumes that can be cut up to make one fully armoured one. All you would need would be a big helmet and a big mini gun or sword. Rui,do you have in your collection a military officers uniform? Or Do I just imagine you in a uniform all the time?

We want to try and aim for armaggedon to do our first big costume group. First weekend in March. I have thrown down the gauntlet Ladies and Gents, Lets see you pick it up. Boo -Yahh.

No mater where you go, there you are.

#2 Merrick

Merrick

SA emeritus

• ACG Organiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts
  • Interests:Restoring furniture, old cars.
  • I'm currently working on:Gordon Freeman HL2

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:37 AM

Sounds cool yoyoydyne,

although..
QUOTE(yoyoydyne @ Nov 5 2010, 10:39 AM) View Post
First item, can we get a list of the lovely ladies of the ACG to lay claim to which of the girls they want to do please. I have lost track of who wants to do what.

...I'd have to add if someone else has chosen a particular character you like, don't let this put you off doing the same one.

To protect the world from devastation... R

#3 Cora

Cora

Bringer of Chatter

• Forum User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Interests:Designing Concepts<br />Reading<br />Movies
  • I'm currently working on:SSAC, Kaylee Fry, OBSG Command Uniform
  • State:Not Australia

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:23 PM

Im trying to get a NZ Group together, though I don't know when the NZ release is...lol

I have taken a shine to Sweet Pea and her Costume, just bought some new boning and lacing for her coat in fact. lol biggrin.gif
I found some artwork of her costume, as well as a close up of the top of it and the Shoulder Guard.
In the Full length Picture I have you can tell that the above her arm and below her arm don't match up...lol Photoshop, sometimes you're so bad...lol

I can't wait to get started biggrin.gif

Cora
"Your Completely Mad!"
"You're Right, I'll Look Daft with one Shoe..." - The Doctor

According to Kavan Smith, I like to shoot Children...:S

E=MCkay

#4 Old Trenchy

Old Trenchy

Bringer of Chatter

• Forum User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • I'm currently working on:Optimus Prime from 'War for Cybertron', Halo 4 version of Master Chief, and so much more!!

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:01 PM

Yes, I am putting my hand up for one of the Samurai Warriors (the one with the straw hat). But the German Soldier with gas mask is my back-up as the next few months are going to be nucking futs!

#5 Calixta

Calixta

Kind of Quiet

• Forum User
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • I'm currently working on:Kat 320 from Halo Reach, Anya Stroud from GoW3, something Steampunk & a Steve Scholz original

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:38 PM

*raises hand in the air and waves it wildly* biggrin.gif
Im planning on doing Blondie - have already been collecting pieces for her here and there

a combined effort for the Mecha-Bunny sounds like a great idea - would be happy to help if I can in anyway
QUOTE(Merrick @ Nov 5 2010, 12:37 PM) View Post
...I'd have to add if someone else has chosen a particular character you like, don't let this put you off doing the same one.

agreed - there is nothing wrong with a hot set of twins wink.gif

#6 Old Trenchy

Old Trenchy

Bringer of Chatter

• Forum User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • I'm currently working on:Optimus Prime from 'War for Cybertron', Halo 4 version of Master Chief, and so much more!!

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE(Calixta @ Nov 5 2010, 10:38 PM) View Post
agreed - there is nothing wrong with a hot set of twins wink.gif

wub.gif

#7 julzifer

julzifer

Bringer of Chatter

• ACG Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:33 PM

I'm interested but not quite sure where to start (other than watching the trailers!)
feel free to suggest?
Were there monkeys? Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?

#8 Darth_horus

Darth_horus

SA Chapter Rep

• ACG Organiser
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Harry Potter, Dune, steampunk, historical(regency, victorian, edwardian),military uniforms, most sci-fi fantasy stuff
  • I'm currently working on:upgrading steampunk costume bits and pieces and historical

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:02 PM

I do have 2 german great coats which i can choose from for a Nazi costume, the WW2 green one would be more period correct i guess, also have a gas mask kit and might be able to source a German helmet as well if we need to do some casts otherwise Mitchells stores have them in stock too.

DIst Legio Formidonis Australis Presidium

#9 Old Trenchy

Old Trenchy

Bringer of Chatter

• Forum User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:08 PM

Some nice reference pics of the figures can be found here: http://gallery.figur...ery.php?cat=621

#10 Toddi

Toddi

Bringer of chatter

• ACG Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I'm currently working on:being the All Father

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:47 PM

Can anyone link to a trailer for this?

#11 julzifer

julzifer

Bringer of Chatter

• ACG Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:48 PM

umm youtube it smile.gif
Were there monkeys? Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?

#12 Darth_horus

Darth_horus

SA Chapter Rep

• ACG Organiser
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Harry Potter, Dune, steampunk, historical(regency, victorian, edwardian),military uniforms, most sci-fi fantasy stuff
  • I'm currently working on:upgrading steampunk costume bits and pieces and historical

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:50 PM

Thanks for that, pity they don't have pics of the same German soldier in his greatcoat although you can see the reflection of one in one of the pics, I would need to do some research on the WW1-WW2 German gas canister and rest of the uniform.

#13 Old Trenchy

Old Trenchy

Bringer of Chatter

• Forum User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:31 PM

Both trailers can be found here: http://trailers.appl...wb/suckerpunch/

Requires quicktime to view (urgh)

Edited by Old Trenchy, 07 November 2010 - 09:37 PM.

#14 Merrick

Merrick

SA emeritus

• ACG Organiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts
  • Interests:Restoring furniture, old cars.
  • I'm currently working on:Gordon Freeman HL2

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:45 PM

Trailer One

Trailer Two

No need for Quicktime here.
To protect the world from devastation... R

#15 Darth_horus

Darth_horus

SA Chapter Rep

• ACG Organiser
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:51 PM

Have had a look at both trailers and how can i put it mildly!!!!! Artistic Licence!!???

The german uniforms are correct but the gas masks are used incorrectly, the canisters are only there to store the gas mask, they are not part of the filtration system, there should not be any tubes coming out of them to the mask.

Just being pedantic i guess ;)

#16 artisticcrazy

artisticcrazy

Regular

• Forum User
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:56 AM

I have my hand up already to do Amber, provided I can get in shape by March.

#17 Maceo

Maceo

Bringer of Chatter

• Forum User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Interests:History (specifically mid-late Victorian through until the 1930s), pulp, film, music, and costuming.
  • I'm currently working on:Eventually Enemy Ace, but mostly everyday vintage style clothes.

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:35 PM

Trailer One

Trailer Two

No need for Quicktime here.

This may or may not also be of help:

Trailer One

Trailer Two

- Those are the same two trailers that Merrick posted above, but these are paused at several points where many of it features are then annalised. The second "Rewind Theatre" trailer notes a couple of things on the mech suit.

Edited by Maceo, 20 November 2010 - 12:38 PM.

Go ahead, make my coffee.

Now I know what you're thinking - "does he want two sugars or only one?" Well to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I've kind of lost track myself.
But being that I don't like my coffee too strong or too sweet, you’ve got to ask yourself one question – "do you feel lucky" – well do you, punk?

#18 Starfire Phoenix

Starfire Phoenix

Costume Lover

• Forum User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:15 PM

I'm making Sweet Pea :)

#19 yoyoydyne

yoyoydyne

Bringer of Chatter

• Forum User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Costuming, Illustration, Sculpture, Steampunk, Cyberpunk, Movies, Japanese gardens, Japanese anime, Movies and movies.
  • I'm currently working on:Giant walking Steampunk pants

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:51 PM

I have the fortunate position of having acquired my grandfather old woollen Army coat. It is massive and heavy and worn!! It is the perfect place to start on a German Zombie soldier. Does anyone else want to follow this line of Construction. Ie with making Multiple helmets and gasmasks.
No mater where you go, there you are.

#20 Old Trenchy

Old Trenchy

Bringer of Chatter

• Forum User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:19 AM

I have the fortunate position of having acquired my grandfather old woollen Army coat. It is massive and heavy and worn!! It is the perfect place to start on a German Zombie soldier. Does anyone else want to follow this line of Construction. Ie with making Multiple helmets and gasmasks.

I may have to contemplate this. If I don't get started on my Giant Samurai by the end of January this is my back-up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users