• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

#1 Guri

Guri

Bringer of Chatter

• Forum User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:Science Fiction/Fantasy Costume, Embroidery/CrossStitching, Quilting, Beading, and Painting Plain fabric to match costumed fabric.
  • I'm currently working on:Leia Boushh Bounty Hunter, Jedi Costume, and Researching Slave Leia Gold Bikini
  • State:SA

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:25 AM

Heya guys
thought I'd start it in here

Just a Leia Boushh Update

About a month ago I had Jamey aka "Fetthunter" from the Yahoo! Boushh Builders group, mould and make my Bandolier, comm device and boot discs

They arrived today, painted and ready for use wink.gif Thankyou Fetthunter

http://i6.photobucke...ve/DSC01729.jpg

http://i6.photobucke...ve/DSC01728.jpg

http://i6.photobucke...ve/DSC01730.jpg
"The Force is with me, but whether its the light or dark side, depends on the time of the month"

#2 Silver Moonblaze

Silver Moonblaze

Webmaster

• Webmaster
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:29 AM

They look very cool!

I'm in the middle of making my first SW, a basic Jedi. I was hoping to have it completely finished by Friday for the Quiz Night, but it looks like there will be a lot of bits and pieces that won't be finished. I didn't realise how may accessories and... things... I'd need when I first started it.

#3 Lord Zerebin

Lord Zerebin

Regular

• Forum User
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • I'm currently working on:Grievous, Master Chief, ARC Clone, Dalek Sec....
  • State:QLD

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:38 AM

Yeah, i'm slowly getting through my Star Wars Costume as well, I had another test run of it last weekend and it worked very well, i have some small and blurry pics...

I Still have abit of work to do before Sydnova 2006 but i think i might have it complete to a degree intime for it biggrin.gif

#4 Silver Moonblaze

Silver Moonblaze

Webmaster

• Webmaster
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:42 AM

I love the mask! What did you make it out of?

I'm hoping to have mine totally together by SupaNova too.

#5 Lord Zerebin

Lord Zerebin

Regular

• Forum User
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:44 AM

The mask is a cardboard base with fibreglass over the top, the antenna are very strong wood and well, yeah, that is about it. It's about 3 months worth of work to finish it, but it think it looks great.

#6 Last_Chael

Last_Chael

Costume Lover

• Forum User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts
  • Interests:Historical costuming; vintage clothing; sci-fi and fantasy; comic books.
  • I'm currently working on:New Wonder Woman costume, vintage clothing

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:03 AM

Firstly, Guri those look amazing! I can't wait to see your finished costume! It's definately a difficult one, and I will surely be picking your brains when I come to make it happy.gif

My current plan is to make every Leia costume, including some of the more obscure ones. I started with the Classic Leia - it's simple and one of the most recognisable Leia costumes from the movies.

I'm still finishing off the belt, and still searching for white boots, but essentially, it's finished and wearable.

For SydNova, I've a few Star Wars costumes planned, which ones I get done will depend entirely on time (5 weeks to complete 4 costumes plus uni assignments wacko.gif). The next one I'm working on is Ewok Village Leia, I have all the material, and shall start working on a mock-up hopefully next week. The other two Star Wars costumes I'm keeping under my hat, in case I don't get them done. But if I do, they will be so much fun to wear!

Besides the Leia costumes that I'm endeavouring to make, there are also a few others.
> Rystall - A group of us are doing the dancers from Jabba's palace (Rystal, Lyn Mei & Oola), we still don't have a Greeata though tongue.gif
> Battle Handmaiden - Ep 1, my favourite PAdme costume, though I'm not sure if I'll go as Padme or just a random handmaiden
> Dorme - The grey farewell costume from Ep 2
> Jedi Master Fae - I wanted to do a Jedi, and you can't go past the Elf Jedi MAster tongue.gif
>Sith - Probably of my own design, unless I can find a cool one somewhere (I can't resist tha dark side tongue.gif)

Anywho, I'm sure I'll prolly end up adding to that list somewhere along the way. I know it's going to take me a few years to get through the Leia costumes, but it's a long term thing tongue.gif

#7 Guri

Guri

Bringer of Chatter

• Forum User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:Science Fiction/Fantasy Costume, Embroidery/CrossStitching, Quilting, Beading, and Painting Plain fabric to match costumed fabric.
  • I'm currently working on:Leia Boushh Bounty Hunter, Jedi Costume, and Researching Slave Leia Gold Bikini

Posted 13 September 2006 - 01:00 PM

Thanks Guys wink.gif I can't wait til its finished

oh and Last_Chael thats excellent about the leia costumes
for hints also check out the Yahoo groups I am a member of these 2 they have great hints and tips and alot of reference piccies not just from the films and displays but of custom costumes too.

Slave Leia gold bikini group
http://movies.groups...yguid=230556405

and
The Leia Boushh Builders group
http://movies.groups...yguid=230556405
"The Force is with me, but whether its the light or dark side, depends on the time of the month"

#8 Last_Chael

Last_Chael

Costume Lover

• Forum User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts
  • Interests:Historical costuming; vintage clothing; sci-fi and fantasy; comic books.

Posted 13 September 2006 - 04:06 PM

Thanks Guri! It's going to be a very long term goal, but I've loved Leia ever since I was little and first saw the movies. I LOVE chicks who kick butt! She's a great role-model I think.

I'm a member of the Slave Leia group (Hoping to do that costume for next year's Brisnova), But I will definately check out the Boushh group! Thank you!

And good luck with your costumes! I know you've got to finish Boushh first, but do you have any other SW costumes you would like to do?

#9 Starfire Phoenix

Starfire Phoenix

Costume Lover

• Forum User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 04:54 PM

That's excellent Guri! Can't wait to see it all finished! smile.gif

I'm finally going to wear my dark jedi costume to an event - this friday's quiz night!

There are a ton of star wars costumes I would love to make, the list is too long, but at least I've been collecting fabrics, regardless of whether or not I end up making them. lol

#10 Fragmentor

Fragmentor

Kind of Quiet

• Forum User
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • I'm currently working on:Elizabethan Jacket and kirtle
  • State:WA

Posted 13 September 2006 - 05:33 PM

my star wars costume list scares me - though i must get cracking on my battle padme (ep II) costume.

So many to choose from *sigh*

#11 Merrick

Merrick

SA emeritus

• ACG Organiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts
  • Interests:Restoring furniture, old cars.
  • I'm currently working on:Gordon Freeman HL2

Posted 13 September 2006 - 05:51 PM

For a dude who grew up living and breathing Star Wars, I cant belive I dont have a single Star wars piece of attire!

I always wanted to do Dagobah/Bespin Luke.

Very nice Guri!

Edited by Merrick, 13 September 2006 - 05:55 PM.

To protect the world from devastation... R

#12 Guri

Guri

Bringer of Chatter

• Forum User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE(Last_Chael @ Sep 13 2006, 05:02 PM) View Post
Thanks Guri! It's going to be a very long term goal, but I've loved Leia ever since I was little and first saw the movies. I LOVE chicks who kick butt! She's a great role-model I think.

I'm a member of the Slave Leia group (Hoping to do that costume for next year's Brisnova), But I will definately check out the Boushh group! Thank you!

And good luck with your costumes! I know you've got to finish Boushh first, but do you have any other SW costumes you would like to do?

Oh yes I am definetly into Chicks who kick butt too wink.gif
as for starwars costumes I plan to do, there are too many, but there are 2 on my mind, I've yet to do a set of Jedi Robes, so I plan to make a Luminara costume:
http://www.wattograp...dallasoyaya.jpg

and Padme's Episode 2 Gold Refugee Travel Gown with both the lace and gold headpieces
http://www.pilvikaup...gold_promo2.jpg

Edited by Guri, 13 September 2006 - 06:54 PM.

#13 Last_Chael

Last_Chael

Costume Lover

• Forum User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:35 PM

Hehe I have a whole list of butt kicking chicks' costumes I want to do (Leia, Sydney Bristow, Wanted to do Starbuck, Eowyn, Wonder Woman, Selene from Underworld etc)

Both those costumes are awesome! I've seen many people do Bariss, but not many Luminara's. It is a beautiful costume, and a very interesting Jedi. I'd love to do Shaak Ti, but there's way too much prosthetics there! And the refugee gown is gorgeous! I love the headpiece! Oooh I can' t wait to see them!

#14 Toddi

Toddi

Bringer of chatter

• ACG Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I'm currently working on:being the All Father

Posted 14 September 2006 - 12:38 AM

I have one Star Wars costume. Some jedi called Ob ... err ... Obi-Waa ... err ... you know, that guy! tongue.gif

Won't post any pictures until the refurbishments are done. Those going to Stoopanova will see it for sure! wink.gif

Chael - Your Leia cossie is excellent. Looks great!

Guri - Impressive as always, and even more impressive seeing it in RL!

Lord Zerebin - That Grevious is fantastic! Gotta definitely get some pics 'duelling' Grevious at Supanova! biggrin.gif

#15 Silver Moonblaze

Silver Moonblaze

Webmaster

• Webmaster
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE(Merrick @ Sep 13 2006, 06:47 PM) View Post
For a dude who grew up living and breathing Star Wars, I cant belive I dont have a single Star wars piece of attire!

I can't believe that either! Your next project maybe wink.gif

#16 Lord Zerebin

Lord Zerebin

Regular

• Forum User
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:17 AM

Well, i got my contact lenses and i finally got some help to get them in, cause i have never worn them before.

#17 Toddi

Toddi

Bringer of chatter

• ACG Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I'm currently working on:being the All Father

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:43 PM

ohmy.gif ... one word ... AWESOME!

(In Obi-Wan mode) "How uncivilised" tongue.gif

#18 Starfire Phoenix

Starfire Phoenix

Costume Lover

• Forum User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 05:54 PM

I can't wait to see you in Sydney Zerebin.... Might have to team up with master skywalker, toddi and silvermoonblaze and take you on wink.gif

#19 Last_Chael

Last_Chael

Costume Lover

• Forum User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 08:05 PM

Hehehe I can't wait to see it in person too! It looks awesome!!

If there's taking on to be done, I'm there tongue.gif should be getting my lightsaber soon!! And whilst it's 'uncivilised' you can't beat a good old blaster tongue.gif

#20 Lord Zerebin

Lord Zerebin

Regular

• Forum User
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:30 PM

I have my 3 Lightsabers, i love all of them. They are my Children, but like every family, i have a favourite child, that would be Luke's ROTJ Saber, in all it's Greeny Goodness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users