#1 Charlie

Charlie

Regular

• ACG Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • State:QLD

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:52 AM

One of the things friends and I used to do was write a list of costuming projects we wanted to achieve for the year. At the end of that year, we'd check off what we'd completed and whoever completed the most off their list got bragging rights over the rest of us. And believe me, brag they did... :) 

So, in the interests of sharing and for anyone who wants to ride the challenge with me, here is the list of projects I'd like to complete this year, even if I'm a bit late in posting it considering I've already marked one off (yay me!). Unsurprisingly, they are in order of our events for the year up here in QLD.

• Ringmaster costume (done!)
  • 1930's tea/day dress
  • 1940’s something, probably a suit, trying for an Agent Carter look
  • Riding habit -  the year is yet to be determined, probably Victorian or Edwardian as I already have corsets that fit.
  • A natural form from-the-skin-out project that looks like this. The components for the project will be:

- Combinations

- Spoon busk corset

- Princess petticoat/bustle

- Petticoat

- Skirts (under and apron)

- Dickey and cuffs

- Vest

- Jacket

- Hat

Honestly, I'm unlikely to finish all of these by the end of the year, but if I can at least get a start on the natural form project and finish the rest, I'll be a happy Charlie.

Does anyone else have a project list for the year?

My rules for costuming:
Don't sew without tea. And don't cut fabric after 10pm. But the most important rule, the rule you can never forget... no matter how much you cry or how close the deadline... never, never operate machinery after midnight.

My Wardrobe Unlock'd

#2 trinnyt

trinnyt

QLD Co-ordinator

• ACG Organiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Interests:Corsetry, pretty much anything historical, shoooooooooes, photography, painting
  • I'm currently working on:Lotsa Victorian Stuff!

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:39 PM

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA... The natural form on your list?  Is the one I have planned for a train ride in September this year that my reenactment group is doing (I had it planned for last September, but didn't get anywhere with it), complete with carpet bag...

My list, which this particular one is on is in my blog.. :D

"This is my costume. I'm a homicidal maniac. They look just like everyone else."
Christina Ricci

http://trinnyt.livejournal.com/

#3 ChrisWells

ChrisWells

Kind of Quiet

• Forum User
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Sewing, drawing, painting, calligraphy, illumination, camping, hiking, fitness & health.
  • I'm currently working on:A vintage capsule wardrobe, crinoline and Victorian clothing.

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:40 AM

My list is huge! I will have to update my blog with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users