• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 trinnyt

trinnyt

QLD Co-ordinator

• ACG Organiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Interests:Corsetry, pretty much anything historical, shoooooooooes, photography, painting
  • I'm currently working on:Lotsa Victorian Stuff!
  • State:QLD

Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:06 PM

The inaugural Colonial Charity Ball aims to recreate the atmosphere of a Regency Supper and Dance on a grand scale.
The Ball will appeal to members of society who love the glamour of previous eras. All ticket holders can attend two free dance workshops prior to the event, and participate in authentic dancing on the night.

Like walking into a Jane Austen novel, this promises to be an exhilirating social occasion that is likely to be the talking point of high society Brisbane. All funds raised go to the Leukaemia Foundation.

Only dance can evoke the experience of culture and history in such a distinctive manner, bringing to life a shared encounter with the past. Dance provides a glimpse into our heritage while also offering an activity that is still as fun and exhilarating today as it was two hundred years ago.

To book tickets go to www.trybooking.com/LRVQ

Tickets vary in price from $85 up.  I'm not going to go this year, but hopefully it will pan out for next year!  Would be lovely considering it's going to be held in Old Government House!

"This is my costume. I'm a homicidal maniac. They look just like everyone else."
Christina Ricci

http://trinnyt.livejournal.com/

#2 Robbie Rudd

Robbie Rudd

Kind of Quiet

• Forum User
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • I'm currently working on:Regency dress

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:09 AM

I would have loved to go, this is our anniversary & would have been a fun way to celebrate. Unfortunately evening outings are still a little difficult with Will, so will have to leave this one until next year 😢 Have fun everyone who is going👗🎩

#3 trinnyt

trinnyt

QLD Co-ordinator

• ACG Organiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Interests:Corsetry, pretty much anything historical, shoooooooooes, photography, painting
  • I'm currently working on:Lotsa Victorian Stuff!

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:23 PM

I'm not sure that any of us are going to be honest, was one of those "argh, not this year!" type moments...

"This is my costume. I'm a homicidal maniac. They look just like everyone else."
Christina Ricci

http://trinnyt.livejournal.com/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users