The Calendar differs from the forums in the following ways:
1. Its a visual way to see when an event is and where it falls in the year
2. It will show up as a "Forthcoming Event" at the bottom of the forums
3. It will show up as a "Forthcoming Event" on the ACG Home Page and the State pages.
The forums are fantastic for discussing an event, but if you haven't posted it in the calendar chances are some people will not know it is on, so please always post the event details in the calendar as well!
How to post an event in the calendar
1. Click on Calendar in the menu at the top of the ACG Website
2. Scroll to the bottom right hand corner and select an option from the "Add New Event" menu
3. The title should include the state and descriptive title of the event.
It is very important to keep the title consistent using the following protocols so that your event shows up correctly on the home page.
eg [NSW] Supanova Sydney Pop Culture Expo4a. If you have chosen a "Single Event" please set the date for the event and please ALWAYS specify a start time to ensure that your event shows up correctly in the calendar and on the home page
The above example mentions the state and title of the event, but shows it is not an event held by the ACG.
By default an entry will show up as a blue event link on the home page.
If the event is a "social" event, "workshop", "meeting" or "agm" please include the appropriate word in your title:
eg [SA ACG] Social: Video and Pizza Night
The above example will show up on the home page in black indicating a social event and is clearly an ACG approved event in South Australia
eg [QLD ACG] Meeting: Discuss forming a Chapter
The above example will show up on the home page in red indicating a meeting or AGM and is clearly an event in Queensland
4b. If you have chosen a "Ranged Event" please set the start and end date for the event.
5. Please enter as much detail as possible into the description area. Include the date and time of the event again, where the event is held (if public), what to bring, costs involved, who to contact for more information, even a link a discussion topic in the forum.
If you could please follow this protocol for consistency it will mean that your event is displayed correctly in the calendar and you can save the moderators time in fixing your entries.
If you have any problems or questions regarding posting an event in the calendar please contact Metanoia via PM or email.